|“Kataru and I entered the wilderness, unsure where our journey would take us, fearing that Vex's return was a bad omen. The Choosing must pass in silence, so we did not speak. We waited and waited for what, we did not know. A sign, a vision, something to guide us to our animal forms. And everyday, we traveled further into unknown lands. And the further we traveled, the more concerned I became that I would never find my form, that I would turn angry and bitter like Vex the Formless.”|
- Main article: Akita/Relationships
- Her animal form is a wolf.
- Akita's name originates from a Japanese breed of dogs which is also a prefecture in Japan.
- Coincidentally, wolves and Akita dogs are genetically very similar.
- Her wolf appearance resembles Amaterasu, a character in the video game Ōkami, and her human form resembles Amaterasu, the Shinto goddess, but it's unknown if this was intentional or not.
- It is quite possible based on Ninjago's frequent use of Asian mythology and Akita's unique attributes that she and her kind are based on Yōkai, as there are many Yōkai who shapeshift into animals with unusual traits.
- A similar example is the Kitsune, a nine-tailed fox and shapeshifter, similar to Akita being a three-tailed wolf.
- She is the only known Formling aside from her brother that hadn't been frozen by Boreal.
- She might have developed feelings for Lloyd before he left the Never-Realm.
- She seems to dislike it when people talk too much.
- Tommy Andreasen confirmed that she is considerably older than Lloyd, having been a child when the Ice Emperor took over "many decades" ago, and that Formlings age differently than humans.
- Main article: Akita/Gallery
- Akita on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- City of Akita on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
- Akita Prefecture on Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.