|“The Constrictai are reconnaissance experts!”|
The Constrictai is the Serpentine tribe known for their reconnaissance skills.
- Generals and Warriors have large spikes along with their heads and backs.
- The head mold of the Soldiers and Scouts are similar to those of the Fangpyre.
- They are considerably shorter than other Serpentine of their rank.
- Their main colors are orange, black, and metallic gray.
The Constrictai are physically the strongest Serpentine tribe. They possess a powerful grip, which they use to strangle their foes. They are also the best burrowers of any Serpentine, enabling them to perform surprise attacks. If a person suffers the grip of a Constrictai, they will never be able to breathe properly, even if they escape the grip of the snake that choked them.
The anti-venom in the staff reverses the effects of the grip.
As difficult as it is to relax when in the crushing grip of a Constrictai, relaxing oneself can make it easier to escape their coils—conversely, struggling only makes it worse. The Constrictai are also generally less intelligent than other Serpentine, so they can be tricked into making mistakes more easily than their brethren.
The Constrictai's tomb is located deep in the Mountain of a Million Steps. The entrance is a round hole leading to the bowels of the mountain. Tribal Serpentine drawings cover the walls, with some depicting the legends and history of the Serpentine.
- Char is speculated to be a Constrictai due to his black coloring.
- The Constrictai appear to correspond to the Ninjago element of Earth, because their tomb is underground and they are described as excellent burrowers.
- The Constrictai are the shortest tribe out of the five, which may explain the lower number of Mini Snakes, due to them all being around the same height range.
- It appears that the higher the rank within the Constrictai, the more black coloring the Constrictai has.