|“I dedicated my life to studying the martial arts. Alone. I got arrogant, I wanted to live forever.”|
“Why? No one lives forever.”
“Because I knew the day I was gone, no one would remember me.”
|— Cole and Yang|
Death (also known as Elimination in video games, the symbol being †) is the all-encompassing force that eventually affects all beings from the One Trillion Realms.
- 1 Dead Characters
- 2 Oni
- 3 Unknown Status
- 4 Realms of the Deceased
- 5 Returning to Life
- 6 History
- 7 Notes
- 8 Gallery
- Dr. Julien (formerly resurrected by Samukai, now departed once more)
- Soto's Pirate Crew (formerly; resurrected by the Mega Weapon; one was disintegrated by the Mega Weapon and is now departed once more)
- Dilara (spirit formerly resurrected through Nya by in an alternate timeline)
- Nya (in an alternate timeline)
- Cliff Gordon
- Royal Guards
- Harumi's Family/Ninjago Royal House
- Several of the Elemental Alliance
- Several Cloud Kingdom monks
- Several Prime Empire gamers (formerly)
- Several other humans
- Anacondrai Serpent
- The Great Devourer
- Char (formerly; resurrected by Aspheera)
- Pyro Destroyers (formerly; resurrected by Aspheera)
- Pyro Slayers (formerly; resurrected by Aspheera)
- Pyro Whippers (formerly; resurrected by Aspheera)
- Kozu (formerly resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, now departed once more)
- Stone Warriors
- Stone Swordsmen (two were resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, now departed once more)
- Stone Scouts (two were resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, now departed once more)
All the Stone Warriors are dead except at least one or two Giant Stone Warriors, who may be the last survivors. One is currently in Kryptarium Prison, and the other one, if it isn't the same warrior, is trapped in a sinkhole under the Ninjago Museum of History.
- Cryptor (formerly resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, now departed once more)
- Mr. E
- Ice Behemoth
All the Nindroids are dead except some, who are alive in Kryptarium Prison and others, who were reprogrammed and became Cyrus Borg's Security Droids. Three of them were resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, but they are now departed once more.
- Master Chen (formerly resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, now departed once more)
- Zugu/Zugu'rai (formerly resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, now departed once more)
- Eyezor/Silvereye (formerly resurrected during the Yin-Yang Eclipse, now departed once more)
All the Anacondrai Cultists, except for Clouse, who is a ghost after escaping the Cursed Realm, and eventually got himself banished to the Underworld. Another associate of the Cultists, the Mechanic, is alive.
- Ghost Ninjas/Warriors
Many other ghosts are in the Departed Realm, sent there after the destruction of the Cursed Realm.
- Grundles (one formerly resurrected by the Mega Weapon, now departed once more)
- Treehorn Queen
- Yeti (except for Krag, who's the last survivor)
- Many Animals
- Stone Army
- A Giant Stone Warrior(s) (presumably)
Realms of the Deceased
In the One Trillion Realms, there were a total of three known realms for the dead to continue to dwell after their passing. Of the three, the Departed Realm seems to be where the dead are naturally meant to go, as when a being who was sent to the other two is destroyed, their spirit will move on to the Departed Realm.
- Departed Realm (for all denizens of all realms)
- Hidden Side (for all denizens of all realms)
- Underworld (for fallen warriors who were disgraced in battle, and don't accept or realize their passing)
- Cursed Realm (for those whose souls are cursed; destroyed)
Returning to Life
Death can be thwarted, but the ways that this can be accomplished are extremely dangerous and unstable, as it goes against the natural order of the world. Likewise, the consequences of such methods on users can prove too dire or even worse than death itself. Ways to trick death commonly is through resurrection.
- Death is the usually permanent cessation of a living or undead being's ability to exist in the living world.
- It is the only known way to gain entry into the Departed Realm.
- According to Borg Industries' Infovision, death means to expire, to croak, or to tint.