|“This is a prerecorded message, but I can tell you that a few weeks ago, we discovered a virus laying dormant in our system. The Overlord. You have to get the Techno Blades out of the city. Because once he knows you have them, he'll never let you leave. I've also given you new outfits to help block the facial recognition software. Had I known this would happen, I would never have built where the Overlord was destroyed. Goodbye, Ninja, and good luck.”|
|— Cyrus Borg|
The Digital Overlord (also known as the Overlord Virus or the Digital Kraken) was the Overlord spirit's digital form.
- Following the final battle between him and Lloyd, the Overlord took on the form of a computer virus, residing at Borg Tower which was built upon where the Garmatron tower once stood.
- The Overlord corrupted Cyrus Borg into a robotic maniac, using him as a vessel to carry out his plans, including seizing control of Borg Industries' vehicles and deploying the Nindroid MechDragon after Lloyd.
- It is unknown how the Overlord converted himself into a virus, but considering his role as source of all darkness in Ninjago, he may have simply recovered after his defeat, taking his digital form to adapt to the increased technological progress of New Ninjago City. It is also implied that Cyrus's construction of Borg Tower over the remains of the Garmatron may have reawakened the remnants of the Overlord's being, which merged with Borg's technology to regain his strength.
- The Digital Overlord can transfer himself into any Nindroid technology at will.
- The Digital Overlord planned to become the Golden Master by draining Lloyd's golden power to use to materialize his own body.
- Main article: Digital Overlord/Gallery
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.