|“Well, it says here, once they unite, they can find the Four Silver Fangblades that will unleash the Great Devourer, an evil that will consume all of the land, turning day into night.”|
- The head of the Iron Doom appears to be based on the physical appearance of the Great Devourer.
- According to legend, it could only be unleashed if the Serpentine tribes united and found the Fangblades.
- The Great Devourer was the same snake that bit Garmadon when he was a child.
- The Great Devourer not turning Garmadon evil would have changed the majority of the events in the series.
- The Ninja immobilize the Great Devourer by tricking him into biting his own tail. This is another reference to ouroboros—often depicted as a snake eating its own tail—the concept of cyclical events and entities.
- The Devourer is one of the five most powerful and largest beings, the others being the Overlord (the most powerful), the Preeminent (the largest), the Evil Entity (all combined) and the Colossus (the strongest).
- The Great Devourer's true relationship to the Serpentine is unknown. He was considered a ruler and god of the Serpentine, but they immediately hid in fear of him when he was released, as they were avoiding the considerable threat of being eaten.
- The four Silver Fangblades were made from the original teeth of the Great Devourer.
- The Great Devourer is apparently female, as it laid Vermillion eggs sometime after the Serpentine War.
- The Great Devourer's abilities and traits appear to be larger-scale versions of the Serpentine's tribal abilities.
- The Great Devourer bears the most resemblance to the Venomari, just as the Anacondrai Serpent bore the most resemblance to the Anacondrai, and the Fire Fang bore the most resemblance to the Pyro Vipers.
- The Great Devourer's ability to grow larger the more it consumes is similar to the video concept of Snake, in which consuming a "dot" or "square" grows in length as the player controls the "growing snake" forward.
- Main article: Great Devourer/Gallery
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.