|“You said we have a responsibility. It's our job to let people know what's happening.”|
|— Nelson to Antonia|
Nelson is the honorary Purple Ninja of the Ninja team who later became a Ninja.
- In earlier drafts, Nelson was going to appear in "Day of the Departed," but according to Tommy Andreasen, his part was taken out.
- He is the third honorary Ninja to appear in the series, after Dareth and Skylor.
- He broke both of his legs while rigorously training to be a Ninja, but eventually they healed, due to the care of Lloyd and the Ninjago City Hospital.
- Despite being restrained to a wheelchair due to his injury, he developed impressive ninja-like techniques in moving around that impressed even the Ninja.
- His legs have long since healed by the time of Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu.
- It is also shown that aside from his legs, he also once broke his entire body, arm and skull. This strongly indicates he is incredibly accident prone. This may be because of his training to develop ninja-like abilities.
- He has grown and is the first character to have mid-legs (posable short legs introduced by LEGO in 2018) in the show.
- Nelson lived in the same village Harumi lived in as a kid.
- Nelson's name is based on Nelson LaMonica, the Ninjago Brand Director. 
- Main article: Nelson/Gallery
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.