Spinjitzu is a close-combat martial arts technique which involves the user tapping into their inner balance while spinning rapidly, creating a tornado-like vortex of energy around themselves.
Types of Spinjitzu - Users
- Creation - used by Wu
- Lightning - used by Jay
- Earth - used by Cole
- Ice - used by Zane (and briefly P.I.X.A.L.)
- Fire - used by Kai and Aspheera
- Tornado of Creation - used by all of the Ninja
- Destruction - used by Garmadon
- Energy - used by Lloyd
- Silver Spinjitzu - used by Misako (element-less)
- Golden Power - used by Colten, Xin, Lloyd, the First Spinjitzu Master, and the Golden Master
- Water - used by Nya
- Gold Spinjitzu - used by Doubloon (element-less)
- Purple Spinjitzu - used by Aspheera (element-less)
- In the seasons, each of the Ninjas' Spinjitzu dramatically changed, having a more elemental redesign. Wu and Garmadon's tornadoes also changed, matching Lloyd's with the addition of their respective color-schemes, but lacking sparkles. The Spinjitzu animations returned to a less detailed style akin to earlier season in Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu.
- The Ninja have their own individual warming up to it (except the allies of the Resistance):
- As of Sons of Garmadon, whenever Cole uses Spinjitzu while his Earth Punch is active, his Spinjitzu will leave behind a trail of magma.
- Elemental Powers can be used while using Spinjitzu, shown when Kai is able to melt floors and ice, and when Zane froze Ultra Violet.
- Aspheera is the third main villain capable of performing Spinjitzu. She has a bright-purple tornado seen in "Boobytraps and How to Survive Them."
- Its name is a pun on "spin" and "ninjutsu," a martial art that real-life ninja use.
- Spinjitzu is the art of rotation, which adds force and momentum to blows.
- Nuckal and Kruncha briefly used Spinjitzu using the Golden Weapons, and Pixal briefly used Spinjitzu when she was given half of Zane's power source.