|“Dr. Jones, what you look at?”
True Potential would greatly benefit from the addition of one or more new images. Once an image is in the article, this template may be removed. Follow the Actionpedia:Manual of Style/Images to see what quality images users should be adding to articles.
|“Hm. You might have reached peak physical condition, but you've yet to reach your inner potential. In each and every one of us, there are obstacles that hold us back. Only when you conquer that fear will your heart be free. Only then will you reach your True Potential.”|
True Potential (also known as a Full Potential) is the highest level of Elemental Powers accessible to an Elemental Master, tapped into through overcoming the emotional obstacles that are holding them back.
- 1 True Potential
- 2 Similar Phenomena
- 3 History
- 4 Notes
- 5 Gallery
|“You will not hurt my friends. There is nothing that will hold me back. I know who I am!”|
|— Zane to the Treehorn Queen|
|“Whatever happens next, just remember, you are the best you.”|
|— Nya to Jay|
|“Cole's found his True Potential. His relationship with his father must have been holding him back.”|
|“I knew when I had to make a choice. I wanted the Fangblade so badly, to prove I was good enough to become the Green Ninja, but then I figured it out: all of my training to become the best Ninja wasn't in preparation to become the Green Ninja, it was... to protect him.”|
|“I am the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master!”|
“Not Morro, Nya!”
“She's unlocked her True Potential!”
|— Jay, Cole, and Kai|
|“Your strength has returned. But there's still so much more. All those years, your father and brother kept the truth from you. They were afraid of what you'd become. The blood of both Oni and Dragon flows through you. You have the power to create and destroy. As Wu had previously taught the Ninja, you too can unlock your True Potential, a dark potential. But to achieve it, you must overcome the one obstacle that has always stood in your way. The one person who has always held you back.”|
|— Harumi to Garmadon|
The Ultra Dragon's True Potential
|“It appears Dragons go through a metamorphosis when they reach adulthood. They too have found their True Potential.”|
- When in use, the master's bodies glow, they are surrounded by the colors of their elements, and they are able to more freely control and manipulate their elemental powers.
- According to Garmadon, other Elemental Masters have also unlocked their True Potential on their own, but what they are has not been specified.
- Strangely, of the four original Ninja, Zane, Jay, and Cole all have blue glowing eyes when they unlock or use their True Potentials; Kai is the only Ninja to have red glowing eyes instead.
- Considering Garmadon's True Potential gives him access to Creation, it is possible that Wu's True Potential gives him access to his recessive element, Destruction.
- As a result of Garmadon's True Potential, he was able to fully become an Oni.
- Forbidden Spinjitzu, accessed by their scrolls, is stated to have power comparable to that of accessing a True Potential. Whether the scrolls truly unlocks one's True Potential as long as they wield it or it simply grants them powers similar is unknown. Aside from Zane and Lloyd, when Wu, Garmadon and the Ninja have held the scroll, they merely used the enhanced Spinjitzu and never used their Elemental Powers. Zane was able to defeat the Pyro Vipers quickly by blanketing them in ice.
- Regardless of whether it grants the wielder access to their True Potential, the scroll's powers are shown to be so potent that Zane, as the Ice Emperor, corrupted by using it, was able to overpower Lloyd. Even with the latter's Golden Power lost, he was still the most powerful Ninja, due to having the essence of Energy, indicating the scroll could be even stronger than True Potential.
- Nya's True Potential resembles the Spinjitzu Burst.
Elemental essences (Tertiary elements)
Movements of elements