|“Easy there, Ultra. You're making me all dizzy.”|
The Ultra Dragon appears as a large white dragon with a black underside. He has four heads with long necks, each corresponding to one of the elemental dragons that formed it. The colored markings on each head indicate its former element. The Ultra Dragon has two large wings with three orange claws at the main joints. Small green spines are visible above the wing claws and on its tail. It is also usually seen with a seat and a set of reins on its back, allowing the Ninja or their allies to control its flight.
The Ultra Dragon is a powerful flyer, able to carry the Samurai Mech with ease. It can use its multiple claws, spines, and fanged mouths for melee combat, and has access to the elemental abilities of his four component dragons:
- Earth: Increases his striking power.
- Fire: Allows him to spit fireballs or breath streams of flame.
- Ice: Enables him to freeze things with his breath.
- Lightning: Can be discharged as damaging bolts from his jaws and talons.
- Other: Unknown
- Iron Baron hunted and killed the Ultra Dragon, and used its skeleton as a throne for himself.
- Apart from Rocky's head, all four of the Ultra Dragon's heads are identical save for color.
- The Ultra Dragon's overall body form is most similar to Wisp (four legs and two large wings). Ironically, the Lightning Dragon's head is the only one of the four to have markings in a different color from its original scale color (in this case, the Lightning Dragon's head is yellow, presumably to avoid confusion with the Ice Dragon's markings, which is light blue).
- Zane compares the dragons' metamorphosis into the Ultra Dragon to the Ninja unlocking their True Potential.
- The Ultra Dragon appears in LEGO Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin, depicted as Lloyd's dragon.
- Tommy Andreasen has said he believed the Ultra Dragon returned to the Spirit Coves. However, it is later revealed it returned to the Realm of Oni and Dragons and met its fate there.
- The Ninja did not recognize the throne as the Ultra Dragon's remains, and never discovered this before going back to Ninjago.
- Main article: Ultra Dragon/Gallery