|“You must release all the people you took. They are living beings, like yourself. And they deserve freedom.”|
“Very well, but all who choose. Not just the ones from this realm, also the ones from Prime Empire. They too, deserve freedom.”
|— Milton Dyer and Unagami|
The printing on his headpiece is similar to Zane, Pixal, and Jay's in their classic forms. With him having a line through his jawline and cheeks like Zane, a two-sided face, with one side being normal and the other side being red like Pixal, and a notch on his left eyebrow like Jay's classic form.
Unagami has a very serious persona. He does not tolerate failure and has little patience.
- Main article: Unagami/Relationships
- He uses a recolored shoulder pad of Mr. E's.
- Unagami is the fifth emperor seen in the series, the first being the Emperor of Ninjago, the second being Emperor Garmadon, the third being the Ice Emperor (Zane), and the fourth being Emperor Shen.
- His name means "above the sea" or "ocean" in Japanese.
- However, the Japanese origins were likely not considered when finding him a name.
- He uses the same hair piece as Okino and Karlof.
- He can transform into the Empire Dragon.
- He uses his dragon form to take his anger out on his enemies or threaten them.
- He is the only villain without a Health Board.
- He is the second main villain to associate with the Mechanic, the first being Chen.
- Unagami's the second villain that has the power to transform into a dragon, the first is the Overlord.
- He is the second main villain where the Ninja had to discover his true identity, the first being Harumi, in which the Ninja had to find out who was the Quiet One.
- Unagami's goal is to open a portal (referred as a gate) to Ninjago using Energy Cubes.
- He at times refers to himself in third person.
- The design on his T-shirt in his child form may be a reference to Pac-Man, an iconic video game character.
- Unagami's three adapted forms are his child, adult, and dragon form.
- Main article: Unagami/Gallery